Posted on June 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM
venezuelan poodle moth
No sir i think that’s a pokemon
- Radio: Yeah, I heard you good with them soft lips
- Yeah you know word of mouth
- The square root of 69 is 8 somethin', right?
- Human: That's a clever sex pun.
- Me: It's also mathematically accurate
- Me: *pulls out calculator*
- Me: 8.3
Posted on June 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Laci Green: Girl on Girl Hate
From birth, women are bombarded with messages that tell them that their worth is tied to how they look. In order to be important, valuable, and worth loving, you have to look hot - the right hair, the right body, the list goes on. But it doesn’t end with your body.
- You also need to be fiercely intelligent, so that people don’t think you’re a bimbo.
- And don’t forget to show just the right amount of emotion, so they don’t think you’re a cold bitch or overly emotional.
- Oh and make sure you pick out the right wardrobe because you don’t wanna be a prude or a slut.
- And while you’re at it, make sure you find a high-powered career that will also allow you to be the perfect mom.No pressure or anything.It creates this deep-seated expectation within ourselves to be perfect. It’s that little voice in the back of your head that says, “YOU’RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!” Is it any wonder then that there is an atmosphere of competition amongst women? That this sometimes results in feeling bitter, frightened, tearing down others to build yourself up? No surprises here.
I finished the Brooklyn Pride 5k, my first 5k, in 35:54, coming in under my goal time of 39 minutes by a long shot.Posted on June 8, 2013 at 2:04 PM
— Joss Whedon (via hollylderr) Posted on June 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM
THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING AND BRILLIANT THING EVER
This is what happens when women write ad campaigns for other women *dies from the hotness*
But it’s not REALLY objectifying men. The men are not objects in this ad. They are still doctors. They are providing advice. They are meant to be listened to. They aren’t objects at all.
(Source: youtube.com)Posted on June 6, 2013 at 12:26 PM
… I had the sudden urge to draw the two of them. And Kate Hawkeyeing around.
Clint must be so proud.
(via sugarfey)Posted on June 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM
The “Your Man Reminder” ad is not an ad made by women for women. It’s a campaign created by men, playing to some inane idea that women need a hot man to tell them to take care of themselves.
Posted on June 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM
The Your Man Reminder campaign was developed at John St, Toronto, by creative directors Stephen Jurisic and Angus Tucker, art director Denver Eastman, copywriter Jacob Greer,
Am I the only who is actually bothered by this commercial? Because the underlying message seems to be “women won’t take care of their own bodies seriously unless a hot man tells them to.”
I understand the “humorous” element of the objectification of men as opposed to women but it also feels very condescending.
And it wasn’t made by women.Posted on June 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM